Sunday, November 21, 2010

My farther is an alcoholic i need advice on how to deal with him and how to tell him he needs help x?

My farther is a very heavy drinker his main favorite is whiskey and coke but if he cant afford that anything will do. I really want advice on how to tell him he really needs help but i don't want to upset him so he doesn't talk to me again or something like that. I care about him very much but lately he is getting impossible to be around so i haven't been to visit with my kids for a while his mother died last week so he is even worse. He would even go as far as to steal money from his own family, When i lived with him if i went out and left any money hanging around it was guaranteed it would be gone when I got back as my dad would say finders keepers, because he would go around my room and find money he could steel for drink. Its not just me he has done it to hes all so done it to my brothers and auntie and his mom . In the past severn days he has spent 拢98.00 on drink he drinks most days a big litre bottle of whiskey each day normally. He has been drinking heavy for the past 23 years. i would also like to no what are the affects it will have on his body if he carrie on this way. I no that he is all ways depressed when he is drunk says nasty things lies all the time generally not a nice person. I'm the only one that will actually say anything to him about his drinking im really worried about him he seems to be on a downward spiral and i don't think there's any coming back from this.My farther is an alcoholic i need advice on how to deal with him and how to tell him he needs help x?
It is very difficult for the family of an alcoholic to live with him and his drinkng (or her as the case may be) but he will not stop unless he humself decides to seek help. i am sure he is aware of the damage that alcohol can do to his body but at the moment he is in the grip of his addiction,

My best advice for you would be to join al-ateen a branch of AA which specifically supports the children of alcoholics. You will meet others in the same position as yourself and you will get support and advice from them.



http://www.al-anon.alateen.org/My farther is an alcoholic i need advice on how to deal with him and how to tell him he needs help x?
Do you have anything like Health and Human Services org in your country? Check around and ask if you don't know. Look up on the web and if you find anything like this, contact them and ask for their help. Also, is there an uncle or aunt or gran-parent that you could talk to about your Dad. How about a good friend of your Dad, in that way your Dad will nit become angry because his friend tells him he needs to get cured. Check around for various help from persons who can really help you and him. If he is put into a rehab facility, he will thank you when he comes out, as I am sure that he does not wish to continue living as he has. Is your mom still at the house with him? If so talk with her and she should have him put int rehab.

No comments:

Post a Comment