Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do i deal with a sad and screaming alcoholic?

my mom is alcoholic, sort of, ever science kemo therapy a half glass of wine has the same effect that a bottle has on a normal person. she went out for a ';walk'; with my step dad (who usually drinks about a bottle and a half a night and the passes out) she said she would be back in a half hour, she and my step dad came back three hours later and my step dad is now watching tv and calling me a ';mother f$%*#er'; my mom is now shouting ';just go live with your father!'; she made me go with my dad in michigan last summer, im visiting her in vail for thanks giving. what should i do to get her to stop yelling at me? in the long term how can i convince her to go to AA or quit drinking by some other means?How do i deal with a sad and screaming alcoholic?
I am going through a similar problem. my mom who I was just reunited with, is drinking and its really upsetting to me. I want to talk to her but it turns into something way more every time. I don't have the step dad being an @$$ hole but I do understand the drinking part. It really sucks. It really hurts and its really scary. I think I'm going to just be blunt about it....Stop drinking so much or I am moving back to my dads.How do i deal with a sad and screaming alcoholic?
you can't she has to

either put up with it or leave like she says
Search the web for al-alon. It's a support group for family of alcoholics. Get your step dad on it too. Becuase to get her help, you'll need an intervention.
Your mom needs to be ready. You can try giving her an ultimatum, by saying either you get help or you will refuse to visit her until she does. You step dad also needs to get help because being around him does not help your mother. You could try talking to your father and let him know what's going on with her, maybe he or someone could try talking to her.
If living with your father is an option, you really should go live with him before this situation escalates to violence.
If she is drunk, there is nothing you can do. You cant talk to a drunk person. Just try and keep and eye on her. Pray that God will give you the words to say when the time is right. You need to let her sober up good. Remember, she may be sick tomorrow...so just go easy on her and wait until the time is right. Good Luck. I know that it is hard. Can you go into a room or something and get away from them for a while until they sober up? God Bless.
serioulsy i would have a seriouse talk with her... when she is sober just look into her eyes and wait for her to say something. when she does just be like mom do you know what you put me threw. and make her feel bad and she will stop. if she doesnt plan something out with ur friends. have ur friend let u live with him for about two weeks and tell ur mom .. if u dont stop im gone . if she doesnt stop leave. and comeback after a while to see how shes doing. or it might sound ****** up but catch her doing something illegal while shes drunk. like driving! call the police they will make her go to the aa meetings if she wants her license back.

No comments:

Post a Comment