Sunday, November 21, 2010

Losing patience with my (alcoholic) mom?

Ok, well.. I need some advice from those of you who grew up in alcoholic homes... How did you deal with your mother/father when they were drunk (also when they were'nt drunk) Because today I lost all the patience I had with my mom, and I need some tips/advice on how to get it back.



If you need some more info. for whatever reason, you can just ask =)



thanks everyone :)Losing patience with my (alcoholic) mom?
I agree with the second person, I think they have to want to stop. And I think that it could be a good idea for you to talk to your school counselor or something? I know you're not the one with the alcoholic problem but it affects everyone who is close to your mum and it could be good for you to just talk to someone unrelated to the problem, and let out how you're feeling? Then you might be in a better position to deal with your mum 'cause you wont be so frustrated from having everything built up inside you.



I can imagine it must be a really hard situation to be in, I hope it gets better. Keep smiling hun :-)Losing patience with my (alcoholic) mom?
I may not have grown up in an alcoholic home, but i had a very bad alcoholic ex-husband.

They need to want to stop drinking. Thay have to want to get help on there own. I was once told that he would actually have to hit rock bottom , meaning lose everything even his family before he might realize that his problem was as bad as it was. I feel for you. I am saddened for you. and if ya ever need to talk, send me an email.
There are groups out there like Al-Anon and others that are geared towards the family members of alcoholics. You really should check it out. You don't mention your age, but if you're in school you can ask your guidance counselors about resources.



Get on top of it now because it won't get better on its own. God bless
I didn't grow up in an alcoholic home, but my mom did. Her dad (my grandpa) was an alcoholic. My mom went through some pretty hard stuff because of his problem. They had to deal with things like him showing up to parties drunk. One day, my grandma threatened to leave him, and that's when he in rolled into an A.A. program. You should talk to a responsible adult about this. Best of wishes!
My mom has been an alcoholic my whole life. I'm 14 years old and have been emotionally and physically abused in the past. I am older and tougher now so my mom knows not to mess with me and if she does she knows I can defend myself quite well. Whatever you do, do not talk to counselors at your school. This has made problems way worse for me in the past. I have been to court over 10 times with my dad's assistance with trying to get my mom into rehab. It has never worked. Also, at one time I had been abused by my mom so much that I called my dad (my parents are divorced) and told him to call the police (it was a special number given to us by Child Protection Services). When the police arrived, they interviewed both me and my mom. I had cuts and bruises all over me from what she did but she lied to them and said I had psychological issues. They ended up handcuffing my and taking me to a mental hospital to be psychologically evaluated (they found nothing was wrong with me). I am still angry at her because of this because it will always be on my record. I'm not sure how old you are, but I would suggest you deal with it as much as possible. I have been in situations when my mom is drunk and she gets mad at me over something really stupid and dumb and will not let me do certain things. It's really tough to deal with sometimes. Just take responsibility for yourself as much as possible. Try to avoid your mom. Im sure she loves you (and you probably love her), but she doesnt deserve you right now. When you are 18, hopefully you will be able to move out and wont be forced to deal with her unless you feel like it. Good luck!
deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment