Sunday, November 21, 2010

My dad is so screwed up!!!!?

am 38 and he is 66. he is an alcoholic. he gets drunk every night. i did not know this and i moved in with them just until i remodel my house. wow did i get an eyeful. we got into it one night. he was drinking and got mad . i had these columns i was going to put in my house and i was telling him how i didnt know he was an alcoholic and he was saying lies about me to my mom. then he attempts to pick up my column and throw them out the door into the garage. luckily my mom stopped him. and had to stop him quite a few times. he never used to do this not until about 7 years ago. has anyone ever dealt with an alcoholic before. my mom just feels he is out of her control and she has never worked and is so dependant on him. he really believes he has no drinking problem. i have tried talking to him but he just says yes i can stop and i wont do it anymore. dealing with an older parent who has a drinking problem is just something noone knows how to deal withMy dad is so screwed up!!!!?
If I were you, I would get in touch with your local Al-Anon group. I'm in Texas but I'm sure wherever you're located, the will have a group.

http://www.texas-al-anon.org/
  • reptiles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment