Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I sell / auction a bottle of wine?

I found a bottle of wine - Mondavi 1986 - in the crawl space of my new house ';cellared'; with a couple of other bottles of lesser wines (which I drank, yuck! Missouri does not produce good wines!). From what I find on the web it's worth at least $100.00. eBay does not deal with alcoholic beverages. I'm not about to drink it. I'm happy with Carlo Rossi Piasano and I can use $100.00 worth of heating oil a lot more. How do I find a wine auction?How do I sell / auction a bottle of wine?
It might not be worth anything, it depends on the varietal. This is a medium grade wine, not exactly high end, but good.



Anyway, the auctions are not interested in 1 bottle, and 100 is not that expensive.



It is not legal for you to sell it on your own.



Go to a local wine shop and sell it to them. You will not get retail, but about half.How do I sell / auction a bottle of wine?
you could look for places who sell wine and ask if they are willing to buy your bottle if it is worth as much as you say it is i am sure they will be very interested and if they are not they could probably tell you where you could sell if they can not help try craigslist
At $100, you're not going to get a good return by going through some wine auctioneer. I'd use your local paper's classified ads or sell it through Craigslist.
there is a wine forum on craigslist snap a photo and see what's out there. Good Luck
well join social networks such as http://mustlovewine.com/home.php

No comments:

Post a Comment