Sunday, December 11, 2011

How to deal with a disillusional mentally ill adult daugher?

My daugher is on medication for ADHD; in the last ten years has had several different diagnosis. Her Dad is paranoid schizophrenic, and she was diagnosed with the same, but later the doctors decided she was MPD, which I tend to agree, as I have seen different personalities in her.

However, one of her personalities wants to destroy me. She tells and believes horrible things about me, such as, she isn't her dads daughter, I had an affair with someone else, I belonged to an occult and was immersed in the satanic occult, and for a number of years she told me my dad didn't die, I was just telling her that to keep him away from her, she was about 2 when he passed away in '74! I love my daughter, but when she is so disillusioned, I tend to stay away, even though I feel she needs my love and support. I know that talking to her about her dislusions, doesn't do any good, until she is her self again. She was a recoverying alcoholic of 6 yrs., but recently was fired from her job, and relapsed.How to deal with a disillusional mentally ill adult daugher?
what if, now get this,she is really correct in what she says and you are delusional? Could this perhaps be your own life you are telling us about, hmmm? I think you should check into this!How to deal with a disillusional mentally ill adult daugher?
Sounds like she is delusional. If she is drinking again, her symptoms of real schizophrenia or delusions can be magnified. Get her help asap.
I very much understand as i have dealt with so much in my adult daughter.. First of all she really needs on the right medicines, O dear Lord my daughter has been on so different meds..Finally, she found a reason for living again had it not been for a young man whom was her neighbor and very much involved in his church, thru much prayer it's like with all the helps of the God answering my frantic prayers of show us the way,Everything seemed to fall in place.. she once in awhile will have a relapse, But with Love and letters to her from me, when she is fearful it helps her as she loves to write and tell me what she is feeling we sit down and talk I mean lots of talking.. Her father left us, so it was on me that i got the brunt of it..of her growing pains, and into her adult life... There is Hope.. If i can help you any further add me to your messenger.. hauntedheart25
You may want to have her diagnoses re-evaluated. (I know, here we go again.) My partner had very similar symptoms, had a schizophrenic/ and or bi-polar Dad, has gotten ';psychotic a few times, etc. Last hospitalization came out with a ';bi-polar'; diagnosis and the drugs to go with it. We got a recomendation to a VERY good psychiatrist. He has re-diagnosed her as having borderline personality disorder. This sounds to me to be very similar to what your daughter is doing. They act like they have different personalities, they are often substance abusers, they can get psychotic to the point of delusions and hallucinations both auditory and visual. They often act or are ADHD. There are a few pretty good books out that you may want to check into. I don't mean to push any buttons by this statement, but do you know if your husband abused/ neglected/ ignored your daughter? That is a big sign, but not all borderlines have that component. The big thing is that they are OFTEN misdiagnosed because they have symptoms of so many different mental issues and may in fact actually have more then one. It is treatable! IF it is in fact borderline and you can get her to someone who understands and knows how to treat it. I wish you the best and hope that this may help. I just re-read your question more carefully. She did have a tramatic event regarding here father- he passed away. That could be enough to set this off. Good luck to you and I wish you both well!
  • black eyed bean salad
  • chicken casserole recipe
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment