Sunday, December 11, 2011

Help with dealing with a drug using /alcoholic neighbor?

Our neighbor has recently got into meth and is also abusing alcohol and driving down our family-oriented dead end street. The neighbors and I got together and contacted the Community action police to see what could be done. They suggested writing a letter to the landlords. I wrote the letter (using examples of his behavior directed at me as well as other neighbors) and sent it. We didn't use our names, just said we were the neighbors.

I'm a little worried what to say if he knocks on my door and asks if I knew who wrote the letter or asking if I personally wrote it. How should I respond? This guy scares me and he already as multiple felonies for violence.

Any help?Help with dealing with a drug using /alcoholic neighbor?
Guru is right. Stand strong, and we support you taking a stand against your neighbor (who obviously has some severe issues).



If your landlords are smart they will refuse to disclose who wrote the letter. It might help to talk to the landlords and ask them to not disclose this information.



If your neighbor's behavior does not improve you need to go back to the police. I'm hoping they have an idea how to control or modify his behavior, without him having to get violent to do so.



Again, you have all of our support.Help with dealing with a drug using /alcoholic neighbor?
If there are children in their house, contact the child protection authorities as soon as possible.



Your fear will turn your neighbourhood into the next drug neighbourhood. Don't be intimidated.
Since I don't know what state you are in I will do my best. If all of you have proof of drug activities: pictures, videos, recorded a written journal, and voice recordings than you need to go one step further. Have you contacted the Sheriff's office or the US Marshall's office or even the DEA? When you sent in the letter to the landlord did you send it in by Registrar Certify mail so you would get a receipt back that it was received? Additionally you and all your neighbors should sign a petition about the illegal drug activity in your neighborhood. Than notify not only your Community Police but send copies to the County Attorney's office, State's Attorney Generals Office and your State Representative. Hay the more you get on board will get law enforcement into action or they could lose face in the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment