Sunday, December 11, 2011

How can I deal with being an adult child of alcoholics (on my own)? I can't get over it, I really suffer:(

I am not able to trust, to talk...I can't imagine talking to a bunch of people on the meetings...

I am helpless:(How can I deal with being an adult child of alcoholics (on my own)? I can't get over it, I really suffer:(
I understand how you feel.. My father was an alcoholic and recently almost died so now he is recovering. I know it's hard to talk about it. I couldn't go to the Al anon meetings either because I was so afraid. What I did do was start reading on it. Their are several books out there. If your too embarrassed to go to a book store, they are on line. This is the one I recommend : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1558741鈥?/a>



This book is good. It will explain alot of things, like your trust issues and reasons you act the way you do. I know it's difficult, but seriously I had thought the same things and this book really helped me. Good luck!How can I deal with being an adult child of alcoholics (on my own)? I can't get over it, I really suffer:(
Al-Quran stopped humanity from drinking Alcohol.



1. Prohibition of alcohol in the Qur鈥檃n



The Glorious Qur鈥檃n prohibits the consumption of alcohol in the following verse:



';O ye who believe!

Intoxicants and Gambling,

(Dedication of) stones,

And (divination by) arrows,

Are an Abomination 鈥?

Of Satan handiwork;

Eschew such (abomination),

That ye may prosper.';

[Al-Qur鈥檃n 5:90]





2. Prohibition of alcohol in the Bible



The Bible prohibits the consumption of alcohol in the following verses:



';Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging; and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.';

[Proverbs 20:1]



';And be not drunk with wine.';

[Ephesians 5:18]
Ask your physician to recommend a counselor.
if you are above 18, i'd suggest u move out, find a job %26amp; study at the same time. It's gonna be tough, but it'll be a chance to meet new people, make new freinds and most important of all DO NOT APPROCH ALCOHOL ever in your life, as u can see what it leads to..
Perhaps you seek the private/individual guidance of a sincere and highly trained therapist specialized in treating adult children of alcoholic parents.



Most all medical doctors have a Rolodex for patient recommendations, perhaps you can find such a specialized therapist by asking him.
As a one-time member of Alanon, I can sympathize. I sat there a long time before I could talk in front of a group of people, but if you hang in there, you can get a lot of help. Alanon, Alateen and Alcoholics Anonymous all have support groups for Adult Children of Alcoholics. Call a local AA group to find out when and where ACOAs meet.

Here's how you can get more info:



Adult Children of Alcoholics (ACOA)

Alanon, Alateen, and Alcoholics Anonymous

Alcoholics Anonymous World Service, Inc.

Box 459 Grand Central Station

New York, NY 10163



Or go look at Alanon's web site:

No comments:

Post a Comment