Sunday, December 11, 2011

How do you deal with a mentally ill abusive parent?

I was raised by the state due to abuse and neglect. Now at 38 I relocated my mother to live with me so I could care for her and she is still abusive , alcoholic, and blames me for the downfall of our family all those years ago.How do you deal with a mentally ill abusive parent?
She needs your help. People that abuse others are more often than not victims of abuse themselves. Sit down with your mom and try to talk things out. Try to do something fun together. You need to be together, because you love one another, not just because you are related.



Also, try to get her to stop drinking. Alcohol brings out the worst in people. Once it is gone you will see many positive changes in your mother's life and attitude.



If all else fails, don't let her be like that to you. You are a human being, and no human being deserves to be treated like that.



Good luck helping your mom. I hope you guys find peace in each other's lives.How do you deal with a mentally ill abusive parent?
you dont need someone like her in your life...move on



if you cant move on then play mental mind games back...dont take that $hit
Send her to an elders home.
You have to set firm boundaries, you have to let her know what you will and will not tolerate, and then you have to stick to your guns. Frankly had the woman lost me due to abuse and neglect, I would not have gone back to try to help her. You may want to examine your need to do this, it isn't healthy to expose yourself to such abuse.
ask her what she wants. if she is happy living someplace else, you shud start something new wiith extra time in hand.
Wow, you are more generous and caring than most people. I don't think I would have ever been able to care for someone who had been so calloused towards me. If she hasn't changed, kick the ungrateful b***h out your house. It's your life and you don't need something like this dragging you down. Surround yourself with other family and friends so you're not lonely. You don't owe her anything.
Start looking into putting her into a group home. It can take a long time to get them in, but it's worth it! Don't live like that. Let professionals deal with her and you just go visit her.

No comments:

Post a Comment