Sunday, December 11, 2011

Drugs and Alcohol?

Has anyone heard that people using cocaine are suspicious? I have become an alcoholic trying to deal with my husband ... keep up with his habits. I have used marijuana in the past in my teens ... unfrequently in my 20's and moreso since I have been with my husband ... I am now in my 30's. I tried cocaine and how understand what my husband goes through every day ... drugs, alcohol and fights. How can one break themselves from someone that they love with their whole heart? As much as our relationship is wrong I want help ... I can do it on my own - personally, I am strong and educated - I love life! With my husband, I am worried about myself ... but I care more about him. How can I break away? How can I be strong enough when my heart is open? Those that understand please respond ... love ... drugs ... and time to break away. God bless for those who want to help.Drugs and Alcohol?
You should be commended for reaching out and wanting your marriage to work. Marriage is a sacred union, however when it is being tainted by unnatural and Godforsaken habits, one must re-evaluate it. First off, you need to get the help that you need to get through your struggles with alcohol so you can then help your husband with his fight. We both know that your husband has a long hard fight in front in him. In order for you two to make it, one of you must be sober and in your right mind! You have already accomplished so much in your life...good things too. Furthering your eduaction is no easy feat, but you have done it! Because of this, I know that you are strong enough to make it through this low point in your marriage right now and able to kick these nasty habits. Make that appointment that you have been needing to make for so long now. Get that professional help you deserve and your husband deserves too. If after he has gotten the help he needs and is not able to function soberly, I regret to inform you will need to most likey move on. It is hard to see how this has all affected you now. Hindsight is always 20/20. Take care of yourself first and then help your husband get the help he needs. You have come to far girl in your schooling and career to blow it all alway on a husband that can't or won't change for the sake of your marriage.Drugs and Alcohol?
No easy way to do this...

Best way to mend a broken heart is with a new love...

But first, you gotta divorce hubby....
my self i still smoke pot and drink but like everything else in life you have to moderate some of the things of what you done when you were younger, life is short injoy it but always see what the big picture is in your life and don't be like someone else if your not happy
i know its hard to deal with wanting life to be one way but stuck in another. there is only one right answer - you MUST leave him. i know exactly what you are talking about - i have been there. i was married to my (now ex) husband for 13 years. he too is an alcoholic and a drug adict. physical abuse and verbal fights were getting too much to take - i was more scare for our two kids. leaving wasnt the easiest thing i had ever done - i loved him so much that i actually stayed in the marriage just to be with him - no matter what! i finally woke up one day - one of the toughest days in my life. it wasnt easy - but i made it through - you will too.

if you need someone to talk to - someone that understands - please fee free to email me - lisamar119@yahoo.com
There will be a time in your life when you decide that your own well-being is more important than trying to help someone who won't help them self. Until then you will probably stay with him and he will continue to drag you down. I know since I am married to an alcoholic.
You are in a rather unique situation, but there are other people out there that understand. I would suggest that you get yourself sober.It will be hard with him drinking and using but it is not impossible. I have been sober for 19 months and my hubby still drinks. Get sober for at least a couple of months then re evaluate the situation. Go to AA to help with your addiction and alanon to help deal with his. Good luck Dear and Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment